Friday, June 7, 2013

Independent Component 2

Literal
(a) I, Nick Gonzalez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) The NHTSA's article "The Long Term Effects of ABS on Passenger Cars and LTVs" helped with research regarding braking systems.
(c) Log located here.
(d) I spent 30 independent hours doing hands on studying with vehicles when given the opportunity at my mentorship or the local junk yard.

Interpretive
I spent my 30 hours doing hands on experimentation with brakes, seat belts, and airbags. It was an important period of time for me to learn more about the things that I was researching. Hands on tinkering helped me learn things that I was not able to learn while going through the motions of mechanic work.










 Applied
 The time I spent working on these individual safety features, ranging from a variety of brakes to the internal mechanisms of airbags and seatbelts, was important to help me expand my knowledge of the topic I'm speaking about. While working in the field I often just worked with parts as I was told, but my Independent Component allowed me to to slow down and really look at the things I was working with, as well as learn new things about parts that I hadn't really considered looking at. I'd never really considered what a deploying airbag was like or how everything worked together in the airbag system. This component helped me understand my project answers on a more intimate level.

No comments:

Post a Comment